Well here I am. I can't manage to take a picture when I'm actually wearing makeup or have styled hair (or stylish clothing on).
Ok, so women are SUPPOSED to gain between 25-35 pounds per pregnancy. I'm CLEARLY going over that, as I mentioned in my last post. So that's what we're SUPPOSED to gain, but is that what women ACTUALLY gain? Do women really stick to this number? Because I'm at 33, which is clearly way too far for still having 10 weeks left, but I feel like I still look really good. Granted, before I got pregnant, I was as skinny as could be and if I gained 10 pounds I still would have looked great. So maybe that's why, because I've now gained that 10 and look fine, but if I keep up the pace that 10 is gonna grow into 20 or 30 and that will not be as pretty! I find myself referring to myself as "a little piggy" on an almost daily basis. Because I truly am. I can't believe the amount of food I can consume. It really is incredible. I've never been one that can consume mass amounts. It'd be one thing if I just ate FOOD, but it's' this CHOCOLATE thing. You know, you're hungry and why eat a second helping when you can just have a plate of cookies instead? Isn't that just easier? I don't know, I get BORED of food sometimes. It's a mental thing. I know. I don't know. I was just curious. I know it's bad to gain too much weight (for the baby) but at what point is it THAT bad? I was sitting in the office waiting and this girl says, "I've put on so much weight. Before I was pregnant I was 130 and now I'm almost 200 pounds." I know I'm not THAT off track. I don't know, I sort of just don't care. I get BORED with Greg not at home. I find myself with nothing to do and suddenly I'm eating a carton of ice cream in 24 hours! That really happened. I started it the day I bought it and suddenly I finished it the very next day. I thought, "What the heck? It's gone already? How can that be? I just bought it yesterday." But the truth was there, as I was the only one living in the house at the time. One old client of mine said to me after she had her first baby, "If I knew how easy it was going to be to lose the weight, I would have eaten SO MUCH MORE." I remember thinking that comment was funny, but strange, but I'm sort of relating to it right now as I am eating so much food. I don't know. I was just curious if most people manage to stay in this number. Maybe when I put on that extra 10 that DIDN'T come from the baby, I'll be more motivated to not be such a pig. But for now, I just can't find the strength to restrain myself.
So I mentioned in my last post, I LOVE my new doctor. Shannon Fife at Providence. She couldn't have been BETTER. She spent so much time with me and talked with Greg and I about stuff that I know she didn't have to, but took the time to anyway. That was really nice. She told me, though, that it's possible my old doctor could end up delivering me if I went into labor and she was the one on call. That could be a little awkward, but it is what it is. My child birth class starts next week. I'll be the one without the partner. Hopefully it works, doing it alone. Pat said she would come with me, but if it's anything like the movies I don't really want her straddling me from behind and rubbing my stomach. I just don't think we've reached that comfort level in our relationship. I don't think I'd feel comfortable having ANYONE do that except Greg. I'm curious to see what I'll learn. It's 6 weeks, I'm assuming I'll learn a lot. The whole birthing part of it is what I'm the least researched on. Feeding babies, being a mom, that part I know enough about- at least as much as I can without actually doing it.
Greg left an hour ago and I'm just thinking, "What am I going to DO tonight?" Sunday's seem to be the hardest. The week always seems to turn out busy, but Sunday always just has a major lull.
9 comments:
K first off- I agree...you look FANTASTIC! You are the type of woman people are referring to when they talk about "Cute pregnant girls". Seriously- no need for cute outfit or makeup or hair even! I love it! You look SO GREAT! And you don't look like you've gained weight anywhere except the obvious belly spot:) So I think you're fine!!! And hey, our family grows large babies, so maybe that extra poundage is just the large baby? haha. I don't know.
Birthing classes- how exciting! I don't think I'd want that either...someone besides Clay straddling me:) hahaha pretty exciting though. You'll have to tell us all about it!
On your last blog- I think that's great that you decided to stay home. Good reasons. I figured you'd decide that since you were on the fence about it anyway. And there couldn't be a truer point- how no one wishes they would've worked more in their childs younger years. They only ever wish they could've been home more.
Oh yeah- the dog pooping in your yard! And the brown spots? Yeah...our lawn has yellowish/brownish spots from where Dante pees so that's for sure what that is. I would be SO TICKED OFF. Oh my gosh- I can't BELIEVE someone would allow their pet to do that! And it's against the law I thought to not clean up after your dog like that. I hate that you are having to deal with that.
Oh yeah- and thank you for putting my giveaway on your blog! I really appreciate it! I love you!!!
haha- you look so cute!!!!!! you do not look everwieght at all! you don't even look like you have the pregnant fat, on you either- you just look like you have a pregnant belly- the rest of you looks normal. You look really cute and really good! that was funny about the icecream- love you
you are taller than most women, doesn't that count for something? I mean- Lizzie and you would look different if you gained the same amoutn of wieght- on lizzie she would look heavier than you cause she's shorter-
You look fantastic!! I always gained way more than I was "supposed" to. The second time around I gained less, but still it was a lot. I could be making this up but I feel like some of it has to do with genetics. Obviously if you use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever you want, you'll gain more, but I like to blame genetics too.
Either way, don't worry, you look great!
I LOVED my birthing class, I'm so glad you're taking one. You will learn a ton.
Actually Megan you look GREAT!!!! I think the ice cream thing is funny and that you will eat less once the baby is here. You will have her to distract you and walla you will forget to eat and you probably won't have a lot of time to bake so you don't need to worry about it. I think I didn't gain a lot of weight because I was so sick and I had a hard time keeping food down. I don't know if that is a curse or a blessing. However I ate a lot after the baby was about 4 to 6 months, and I never lost some of that. I think baby fat usually comes off easier. Love you lots and lots. Hang in there it won't be too much longer and Greg will be home. Hugs and kisses
I really don't know what you're talking about by the straddling thing. I was there when Alex was born. I stayed at Robyn's head and held her hand and encouraged the good breathing. That helped Paul a TON so he could focus on delivery and cutting the cord. I had my camera and took pics of Alex fresh out of the womb. No I didn't take crotch pics or anything embarrassing. I was encouraging and very modest. I wouldn't want anyone staring at me birthing a baby. So keep this in mind. I personally think you need SOMEONE you feel comfortable with to attend the birth classes and as a back up for Greg. Trust me on this. I did it for my best friend once. She really appreciated it. That person you pick will know your wants and needs and will be your personal attendant. Then Greg can focus better and do the real hard work of watching and catching the baby and cutting the cord and not have to worry so much about what's going on at the top. He can coach you but that extra person is VERY HELPFUL.
Births I've attended are: Molly, Robyn, Heather Swartz delivering Sabrina, best friend Mary. Ask them what they think! love ya Megs...
Wow...you are worrying WAY too much about the weight thing Meg. You look awesome and you will gain (and should gain) more than 25-35 lbs because you were SO skinny. The skinnier I am when I get pregnant, the more I gain. Every time. I gain around 50lbs each time, give or take a couple of lbs depending on my weight before I started. ALSO, I had the smallest appetite in the world BEFORE I got pregnant. I am pretty much never full while pregnant or nursing. Before I got prego for the first time, I couldn't eat more than 3 bites of a hamburger and I'd be stuffed. Those days are over. Unfortunately. Anyhow, it's healthy to gain a solid amount of weight when you're pregnant. Way better to gain more then the "recommended" amount than too little.
love you love you
Oh, one more thing. Live it up while your pregnant. If you want to eat a whole carton of icecream in 24 hours or a plate of cookies after dinner, do it. Your pregnant. All rules are off.
When I was reading this you totally reminded me of myself. Like exactly. I will use myself as an example of what could happen. Before I was pregnant with Gunnar I was considered about 15lbs underweight. I had been that weight for about 5 years straight and couldn't gain no matter what I did. When I was pregnant with Gunnar I gained about 43 lbs with him and that was mostly because I was underweight to begin with. Within a year, I was so proud of where I was and felt totally great and where I should be. I continued to lose weight once I started hula and then maintained at a great weight for a while. With Brecken, I gained about 38lbs and that was because my weight started where I should be. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your body will adjust to where it needs to be if you are eating those things in moderation. I have a cousin that literally ate for two and gained about 60lbs. It amazed me this time around to reread that just a yogurt or extra egg, etc was all that was needed to achieve those extra calories. You look great and will totally be fine. I am with you on the birthing thing. To this day, I still have never read up on it. I felt that I was better going in blind and then to only have c-sections. If I know a lot my mind tends to go crazy.
Post a Comment