Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am SO TIRED

Oh my gosh. I don't know how I'm going to do this when I have a kid around. Pregnancy is going to suck then. I don't know how it's going to work. I'm pretty convinced this pregnancy has been so smooth ONLY because I've been sitting on my butt almost the whole time. When I do work, I really space it out and take lots of breaks, because I can. But when I have a toddler running around, that's no breaks and oh man. I think I'm gonna die because today I had 2 colors, honestly that was only 3 hours of on my feet working. But by the end of it I felt almost dizzy like I could pass out. But I needed to get groceries so I ate a granola bar and did that for an hour? I don't know. But I'm exhausted and sweaty and all I want to do is sleep but I have dinner guests coming in 40 minutes. Thankfully, dinner won't be too much to prep but I almost called her (my friend, Barbara) to say, "Um . . . would you mind cooking dinner, instead?" I was feeling that desperate. Anyway, I think the second time around is going to STINK.

I am SO READY to be done working, for so many reasons. This whole "starting over" thing has basically STUNK. It's so frustrating because I had such a thriving business in Eugene. Man, the pleasures of having a full clientele. At that point, you know your client's hair, personality, style and there's not much consultation. Basically they sit down and I ask, "The usual?" And they say yes. If they want something different, there's not much discussion because I already know their style and how they communicate. With someone BRAND NEW who you've never met before- it can take FOREVER to discuss their hair. 15 minutes may not seem that long, but it is. And it can be SOOOOO frustrating. This is the WORST part for me. It drives me CRAZY when people can't be clear. Or I'll be in the MIDDLE of doing their hair and suddenly they'll think of something they want and it's like, "Uh, I'm half way done, you should've mentioned that before I started." It's just been annoying 'cause I already went through all of this in Eugene to get my perfect set of clients only to leave them behind and start over. Now EVERY client is this way because EVERY client is new. And now they all ask how long I'm going on maternity leave and I sort of just lie because I haven't told my boss yet that I'm not coming back at all. I don't want to lie. But if they know I'm not coming back, they won't send in any of their friends in and I could still use some business these next 2 months. And because my clients are so few, I'm constantly on call and I HATE that feeling. I hate that I can never plan things, the whole thing makes me unsettled. There are so many other reasons I'm ready to quit, those are just a few. I just hate ending it this way- like a failure. I want to go out on top and it frustrates me that I can't. Well, I better get off my buns. I'm so tired.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Man- the work situation sounds sooo frustrating. But, don't even worry about it- we all know you are like the best ever so to me, you are still going out on top:) I think that with life and energy, you just do what you have to and your body adjusts. When you have a toddler, you'll already be used to having to have so much energy, so your pregnant body will probably adjust...I'm sure it WILL be harder, but not impossible:) I love you so much! I'm soooo excited to see you in a few weeks!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

it seems the more people I talk to, work just isnt meant for women. Career work that is. Rebecca hated it, danielle hates it, you hate it, I hate it, like you said in another post nobody ever says "I wish I would have worked when my kids were younger". And the church has told us this time and time again, that women should be at home if they can. Mike and I have never been so great as when I am at home (that month I had before school started where I was just home and made dinner everyday) And- let's face it- most women are better at the home responsibilites than men are. I can do things much faster than Mike can.

It is dissapointing though to leave when you're not happy with your business, when you knwo how it could be. But we all know what you're capable of. When I think of you, I don't think of what you're doing right now, i think of what you did in Eugene, that's the real Megan/career, not what you're doing now. I just feel like right now, you're making extra money. We all know how talented and hard working you are. You had a great business for a long time! And if you wanted to work full time, you could do it all over again in medford. I know you don't want to, I'm just saying that's how capable you are, you cuold do it again. I love you

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Megan, Megan, PREGNANCY males you tired, and think, you haven't been so tired the whole time just these last few weeks. You will get your energy back when this is done, and then WAIT to get pregnant for a couple years or maybe even 3, before you do this again. Plus every time is different, so who's to say, next time you may not be tired. By that time the baby will be a little girl and not so hard to care for. The work thing is just what it is, you aren't meant to have a career now, if you were Heavenly Father would have helped you more, I think it is just because you are tired and pregnant and not really interested in work as you are in the create mode. As Amy says we all judge you by what happened here in Eugene, not there, you are just earning some extra $ to help out. You had a successful career here. You are and will continue to be a wonderful beauty, and hair stylist for the rest of your life. I think you are PERFECT, and soon you will have a beautiful baby girl. I love you hugs and kisses

Watts Family said...

Megan I totally understand how you feel! it stinks to work while being pregnant! I worked up until about my due date, since Alia was late! This time I still feel like I am working because I have a 2 year old running around! She is fun though! I also hate going to a new place to get my hair done! I was like I never had to tell Megan what I wanted! They can never get the color right!! Frustrating!! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Lizzie said...

Yeah, the pregnancy thing when you have other kids around...sucks. It really does. It's horrible at first when your sick, then awesome in the middle and so tiring at the end. I feel bad, but the last month I was prego with Elle, Tanner and Kate lived on ZONE power bars and watched movies all day.

Sorry about work. It'll be so nice when your done. Love you.

Stephanie said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED you doing my hair. I never had to worry about how it was going to turn out. You are amazing at it... now is the next 'season' of your life. You are already in it. You are growing a little baby girl... soon she'll be here but it will be an exciting continuation of you caring for her. I hope your dinner went great.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That would be so frustrating. It makes it so much easier when you know people. I am glad you don't have to work and that you can quit when you want to. Am so glad you guys came!!! love you!!

HeidiT said...

I have been thinking about the whole having other kids to take care of while being pregnant thing too! I mean - I work with preschoolers all day but when it comes down to it I get to send them home with their parents and have all night to basically do nothing if I want too. How do people do it with multiple kids?!
I am jealous that you get to stay home when the baby is born. I wish I had that option - I told Ren that I can already tell that it will be the hardest part of this whole thing, when I have to leave her for the first time after maternity leave.