Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Feet Have Rolls

They feel so tight that I was honestly concerned my skin might split open tonight.
But I'm not feeling that way anymore. When my sister, Amy, saw them, she said they looked like baby feet, minus the hair. Right when I posted it, I panicked and thought- oh man those are the feet of a fat person! I can't leave these up! I'm so embarrassed. I know the top of me does not look like the bottom of me, but seeing it up on the screen made me surprisingly self conscious. My legs are so hairy because I'm going to wax them in a few days.

Aren't these girls the cutest?
They all live in my neighborhood and literally knock on my door one to three times a day and then we sit on my porch and talk for awhile. I have no idea if their parents know this happens. They're really sweet. They usually come in pairs but today they all came together, so I had to get a picture so I could show you. It's fun, 'cause they just love me. They bring me flowers and get excited and run over if they see me walking out to get the mail. It makes me feel really good. I'm sure they like me just 'cause I'm nice to them. It's funny, the things they say and do. Their ages range from 4 to 6. They scream when they see spiders, but they catch potato bugs and show me excitedly. It's all become pretty routine. I expect a ring of the doorbell around 11 am everyday.

My good friend, Andrew, and his new bride, Alexis, came to visit me!
They've been married a month! Aren't they sweet?
They just took 3 weeks to road trip around the country for their honeymoon and made one last stop at my house on their way home. I was so excited. It's always nice to have company these days, but Andrew was one of my best friends from my single days and I totally love his new wife. They were so cute and happy. I'm so happy for them.

The Babe. Seven more weeks to go! Pretty exciting!
I don't see it as strongly now, but when I first saw this picture I thought she looked like me. I couldn't believe that I could already tell she had chubby cheeks (at least I think so), she definitely has lips like mine (though Greg's are very similar). I just thought her head shape looked very round and I when I think of my old pictures I had a very round head. I don't know! I could be way off and she looks nothing like me, but it got me EXCITED!!!! From their measurements, she is just under 5 pounds. Which means by the end she should be just under 8 if she's born on time. It just seems weird to me that I have a 5 pound something I'm constantly carrying around. Granted, that's only a smidgen of the rest I'm carrying around. I stepped on the scale and hit 170 today. I've officially gained 40 pounds. Granted some of that is obviously water retention, looking at those pics above. Still, it is so strange to see that big number every time I'm at the doctors! It shocks me every time! That makes me feel better about getting so exhausted so quickly. If I wasn't pregnant, but walked around with a 40 pound backpack on, I'd need to take many breaks, wouldn't I!

I saw the specialist today and he said everything looks great and they don't need to see me anymore. So that's good news. The whole thing made me nervous and I wanted to talk to him about it, but he made me feel rushed so I didn't feel comfortable asking. Oh well.

I'm feeling great. It's pretty ridiculous when I think about how often most people complain about pregnancy. I'm clearly one of the lucky ones. As soon as something negative starts, I think, "Oh here it comes." But it goes away in a few days. Heartburn, sore back, tiredness, mood swings. Once I think a bad stage has begun, it just ends. I keep waiting for it all to get worse, but I'm almost done! I have noticed I'm more emotional, and I think more sensitive. I cried at a McDonald's commercial or something. I don't remember what it was, but it definitely was only 30 seconds long, it shouldn't have made me cry, and my eyes totally welled up. Some old lady at the salon told me I looked like I was ready to pop and couldn't believe that I still had 2 months left. I was really surprised 'cause usually people tell me how tiny I am. I'm hearing it less and less, but no one ever tells me I'm big. I thought it was strange.

I got a new calling! Well, two new callings. And I must say, I'm glad. I hated being involved in Relief Society. I never feel that way. I have ALWAYS LOVED Relief Society from day one and it has just not been working for me in this ward. I'm the ward choir accompanist. Normally I wouldn't be psyched about this calling, but the chorister is really good about never having practice be more than a half hour, and we don't even practice on fast sunday. She puts in hard work, but she's not crazy about it. That works for me very well. But my heavy duty, totally new calling is . . . drumroll . . . Primary Chorister! I am SOOOOOO excited. I LOVE the Primary Hymns. I love to hear children sing. I'm excited not to be behind a piano! I can't believe someone ELSE will be playing. That is so strange for me. It will be weird being on the other end. I got really nervous when I realized that their are 71 kids in the primary. In the words of my sister Amy-WOWZA!!!!! I'm supposed to learn their names! THAT is a lot of names. The program is a month after I'm due, but it will all work out. I was nervous about when the baby comes, but we'll figure out how to do it. The President came over to go over my responsibilities and was really supportive and said they're really flexible and aren't worried about me having a baby and missing sundays and everything else a new baby entails. Babies really change everything. When I found out the Primary was so big I got really overwhelmed and stressed that I was going to TANK at this calling, but I'm feeling much more calm about it now. I'm actually really excited! I hope I don't get too nervous because I'm gonna have to do some solo work while teaching them new songs. I know I'll get used to it, but I have to teach them a new song this month so I think my solo starts this sunday! Ok, I'm really tired. I'm going to bed.

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you and your new callings. I want those callings! Of course with choir, I'd rather direct, but that's because I'm a control freak when it comes to music. Wow, 71 kids. At least they all have teachers which will take care of the disciplining. I'd love to talk to you about it, give you a few tips about choristers my kids have had and loved, some things I learned while teaching little kids to sing at the elementary school. I'm so sorry you're swollen. Are you doing too much? Do you need more TV watching with your feet up? Love you.

Danielle said...

Oh man- that is SO EXCITING! I can't believe you are gonna be the primary chorister! I am always in awe of those people...you'll do great. I'm SO PLEASED to hear that the specialist said everything looks fine. What a relief! Your baby looks so cute already! I love those ultrasound pics! It's so cool you can kinda see what they look like so early on. That is just the SWEETEST thing that those girls come and talk to you all the time. I love that! They all look so cute and happy. What an uplifting part of your day:)And YOUR FEET! OH MY GOSH! hahahhaa. Amy's right- they look like baby feet! So funny! Don't worry about it though- cause you know it's just cause you're pregnant! They wont stay like that forever. So crazy the things that happen when you're pregnant.

Well- you look great! I'm so excited to see you! Love you!

Rochelle said...

Primary Chorister! Yeah! I've had that calling 2x and LOVED it! It's so much fun! You're going to LOVE IT. It wore me out every sunday though. Have Fun! Baby is waaaaaaaay cute.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hey- how come my comment got erased?! anyway- so excited about your callings- so so fun. it was grea ttalking to you- love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh and the picture is awesome! so cool! it looks like she has hair!

Jill said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Oh Megan, you crack me up--I totally LOVE that you put pictures up of your poor, swollen feet! And that your legs are so hairy because you're going to have them waxed--you just make me laugh! Believe me, my feet looked just like that and WORSE by the time I had Byron (summer pregnancy, just like YOU!!) and I remember a 16 year old kid at church staring at my feet and asking me, "Uh, Jill, is that infection going to go away after you have the baby?" I'm still giggling at how much of a surprise it was to come to your blog and see those adult-but-baby-looking feet up there. You're so awesome.

And the little girls who come to see you each day? Adorable!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so excited about your new calling, that is just great and you will do a wonderful job. Just think back to when you were in Primary, and how you loved to sing and what inspired you to want to learn the songs. I truly believe that all callings come from Heavenly Father, and that you have something special to teach the children, so that is why you have been called to do this. Primary is a really special place and the music program is inspired to teach the children to love our Heavenly Father, Christ, and the church and the people in it. I love you and the pic of the baby is awesome. Your feet will go down. Rebecca is probably right, you may need more couch time and you may need to drink more. Hugs

Sutherlands said...

Oh your poor legs! That doesn't look very comfortable. So far I have escaped any major swelling, just a little when I get out in the heat and then it goes away if I sit down in some AC for a while. Nothing much to complain about. We do need to get together. We should have dinner next week or something. I think it is our turn, so if you want to come to GP that would be fun. I will give you a call.

Emily said...

Awesome new callings!!! Totally perfect for you.

Those girls are the cutest things ever. Totally remind me of us when we were little.

Your feet are AWESOME!!!!! They remind me of mine...don't worry, they will come back to normal.

Your baby is so cute, I can't wait to see her out!!!!!

Love you!

Mel D said...

I totally thought you were kidding when you said those were your feet. haha. Sorry =( The best thing about pregnancy side effects is knowing they'll go away! I kept reminding myself the heartburn was only temporary!!

Danica is afraid of spiders but is constantly catching potato bugs and ladybugs. I refuse to touch them! Ugh. hate bugs. Those girls are really darling.

71 is daunting! I LOVE the primary hymns. I wish we could have an hour of song time! I hope you have fun with it! Do they have stuff on sugardoodle.net for the primary chorister? I love that site. I'm so not creative.

HeidiT said...

What a fun new calling! I think you will be great at it - Ren and I have been in primary for 3 yrs now and went through lots of choristers. you can definitely tell the ones who are excited to be there and get the kids all involved, it makes a huge difference.
Your feet...yikes that looks painful!
And I think it's so cute that those girls come over everyday.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I've missed 3 posts and there is SO MUCH I want to comment on, but I will leave it at this for now... With your feet. I absolutely HATED that part about being pregnant. The swollen feet/ankles sucked. I'd never experienced anything like that and now they totally swell up easier than they ever did before [though that probably has more to do with being overweight!]. My trick was to wear tennis shoes when I could because then I could slowly tighten the laces. If I had an event or something where I wanted to not have huge feet, I would do my tennis shoe trick all day and then take them off just before and put my "cute shoes" on. Ha ha!! It worked pretty well, though. Actually, I remember checking my feet just hours after Ethan was born wondering if the swelling was GONE yet. Of course, it took a couple days before my feet were back to normal but it was SO NICE!

Good luck with your new callings. Primary chorister was my first calling after we got married. It was definitely a challenge, but fun and rewarding too. You can find great ideas on the internet and how to spice it up each week.

Oh, and so fun about the girls that come to see you! You are loved. :) How fun for them to have an adult willing to sit and talk and hang out with them.

Now, get out some frozen peas and put them on your poor feet and put your feet up!!

Kristi M. said...

You will be a fun chorister. Brent was the primary choristor before they left for the summer. Isn't that kind of funny. He loved the calling. Those girls that visit are so cute! Okay so your feet are quite interesting. I never experienced that thank goodness. After I had Brecken, one of my feet got slightly swollen...just one. It was so weird. I was told it was all part of the process. One day you will look back and realize that it is a small price to pay for your sweet little girl. Much like I realize my agonizing heartburn was.

Aliese the Writer said...

Don't worry about leading in primary. Really all the kids want is patience and fun games to go along with the music once in a while. I had one that was amazing she made up these really cool games to help us learn the songs, but there was another one that never played games. She just smiled and talked to us a lot. I can email you some games that they did if you want. :)