Monday, October 4, 2010

A Visit from the Jentzsch Clan

Shannon and Ralph drove down for a visit to see little Scarlet. I was really surprised! I'm pretty sure Scarlet was 5 days old here??? Here are some pics . . .
Pat is such a knock out. It's just ridiculous.
When Pat comes over, Scarlet is always sleeping. But Pat just leans over and stares at her the entire time she's here, saying on a regular basis, "You are so sweet." But I guess I do the same thing.

Scarlet seriously smiles ALL THE TIME. She is the most happy, content, good little baby I've ever known. I didn't know babies like this existed. She only cries if something is wrong, and then stops the moment it is fixed. She'll often stop crying if we're trying to fix it. Like she'll be gassy and fussy, but as soon as we're bouncin' her or burping her, she settles, just like that and waits for the pain to go away.



I don't know why I think this picture is so cute. She hardly ever looks like this, and honestly, until today, every time she'd cry, I would always cry too. I never thought I'd be so affected, but I completely am, or was. I'm adjusting.
I love seeing Greg and her together. Doesn't she look so small?

I think this picture is funny. Like they sort of look the same.

This was me, all packed with frozen corn in the bedroom. This was honestly all the contact I had with her that day. I had all the lights out and was trying to "relax" and sleep while everyone was in the living room. They brought her in and I touched her with my finger and thought, "This is the only time I've touched you today." I couldn't believe it. But that was basically all the movement I could handle.
This is obviously a HORRIBLE picture. I can't believe what a WHALE I look like here. But I think it demonstrates my pain pretty good, and I just needed to document it.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Ohhhhh she's so precious. Looks like she is very loved!!!!! What happened to her little foot??? It looked like there was a little bandage there. Maybe shots? Hmm... dunno. Love her. Love YOU!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Those were great pics Randy took. I love Scarlet so much. Good choices of pics. Love you!

Emily said...

Megan I love you. That last pic is the best. That's what I remember about having a newborn...looking like that. You already sound like super mom, I'm so glad all your pain is gone and you can just enjoy her perfection. She is sooooooo beautiful.

love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh megan, I laughed when you said you looked like a whale, the descriptions you give yourself sometimes.... I used to hate it, but now I think it's funny, the negative descriptions you use sometimes, i dont think i could ever call myself a whale, it would hurt my own feelings! haha. Scarlet is sooooooooo cute! Ok, did SHannon do that face on purpose? or was that totally not planned? it looks like they are trying to make teh same face! She looks sooooooo small, not skinny- but just small- like a little toy! I want to see her in real life again- you have to visit teh coast soon. OR- let us know when Greg has a weekend rather than teh week off so we can come visit. And I know this is old news, but I love her name so much, I love saying it and writing it. It is so perfect. Love all the pics! love you!

Lizzie said...

Scarlet is so beautiful. She is so pretty. I want to hold her!!! I still just can't believe that whole back thing. It is so awful. I'm glad it went away so fast after they fixed it.

Greg and her look cute together and his Mom is so pretty.

fiona said...

I cringe everytime I think about your epi issue. That's so horrible! You do look like you are in a TON of pain, ugh! I'm so sorry. The other pics are wonderful, though :) Pat is so pretty, she does look really glamorous in that pic! And the Shannon/Scarlet pic is awesome, too.