Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ta Da!

Greg's Uncle Steve and his wife, Irmgard came to visit from Germany! It has been so good to see them! They loooooove Scarlet and she just loves them right back. I was feeding Scarlet when Irmgard first saw her and when Irmgard said hello, Scarlet reached right out to hold her finger and didn't let go. It was the sweetest thing! Steve is always on the ready to hold Scarlet. It's pretty cute. If we're around them, Scarlet is in his arms 99% of the time. But she doesn't mind.
Steve is Pat's older brother.

Steve's daughter made this little doggie for Scarlet! So sweet, she hasn't even met Scarlet or I.
Scarlet absolutely LOVES it! She giggles and hugs it and loves to play with it. By far her favorite toy. It's been fun to watch her with it. She's never reacted to a toy this way before.

5 months old and ready for a haircut!
For those who have forbidden me, c'mon!

We've got a bit of a mullet here! Can you really expect a retired hairstylist to ignore this?
The first snip . . .
Ta da!!!
How cute! My baby has a bob!
Tell me this isn't more attractive! Even on a baby. Isn't it sweeter?
All of the hair that we cut off.
Lookin' good!
She's pretty happy about it!
I really need to get some cute clips to put in her hair. This one is mine. Her bangs are getting so long and are always in her eyes.
Sometimes you can't even tell I did anything. And then sometimes I look at her and am like, "Wo! You had a haircut! You hair LOOKS like a style! My baby has a style!" And it's a little crazy to see bob on a baby. And she's my baby!


I am so curious about Scarlet's doctor appointment on Thursday. I swear she has grown SOOOOO much lately. In length, in width, she just looks like an bigger version of herself! I just bought a big bag of clothes sizes 6-9 months and she's fitting into the 9 month size, no problem and she hasn't even hit her 6 month mark. So, I don't know. Maybe the clothes shrunk. I think that she's huge until I see OTHER babies that make her look so iddy biddy. We'll see.

The last 6 days Scarlet has slept 10+ hours a night. STRAIGHT. No waking. Ah . . . it's been . . . wonderful. As each wonderful day passes, I think, "Wow. That was great," but know better than to think she's just going to do this from now on. But then another angelic night passes. Again and again. Can it be? Is this the wave of our future??? I hope so. I hope so. Also, we've noticed since she's been sleeping more, she is SO happy! Like ridiculously happy! Almost constantly giggling and having fun, even when we're not doing anything.

Scarlet has been constantly pulling up her feet and playing with them. I love it. I think it's so cute. With that, and her constant struggle to sit up, she's just constantly doing crunches. I swear she must have the strongest abs underneath all that jelly. She's also been snugglier than ever. All my friends say their kids grow out of snuggling and they miss it. Scarlet never was much of a snuggler because she was just always wanting to look around at things! But now after every nap she just buries her head into me and we just snuggle for awhile. She gets this way before her naps too. I love it. Her naps seem to be consistently longer and predictable as well. I love it. Things just keep getting better in the mommy department. I feel like I've got the hang of this thing. Now that statement's gonna bite me in the buns, right?




Scarlet can move so good now! Her scoots are so little, you barely notice they're happening and then suddenly you look and she's a foot from wherever she was!

She is so funny. She loves to play with and shove paper in her mouth. Every time I grab the camera she stops whatever cute thing she is doing and just stares at me. You'll see here, I keep trying to get her attention, but she's just too into the paper.




I have decided to forgo sweets for a whole month!!!! Basically, Scarlet is rounding her sixth month, which MEANS that if we're planning on getting prego again in another 6 months, I've gotta drop my last 15 now! I don't want to keep melting 1/2 a pound a way at a time, which I know is still good, but I'll be at my goal weight for like 2 weeks and then immediately try to get big and plump again! I don't think so! I'd rather enjoy my success a little longer than that. So, I'm still doing weight watchers, I'm just gonna see if I lose faster by sacrificing the sweets. Because, in reality, (if you understand the points system in WW) I use HALF OF MY DAILY POINTS FOR CHOCOLATE CHIPS. I'm not exaggerating. It used to be 30%, but it's slowly but surely grabbed half now. So I decided to swear off chocolate, then after I ate a TON of candied popcorn, I decided it needed to be sugar products, in general. It's been around 4 days. It's gone pretty well. I've come to discover, about myself, that I really can to anything once I decide to. But that's the thing, I know when I'm ready and know when I'm not. And Tuesday I just was. So here we go.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh I just want to squeeze her!!!!! She is so dang cute and rolly and chunky and I love it!!!

What fun visitors to have! I love watching other people love on my babies, it's the best.

I want you to work your magic on carly's hair. I'd never let anyone else touch it, but she definitely has a mullet going on in the back.

Oh Megs, I just love you. And dang, already thinking about baby number 2?! You go girl!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh- scarlet is so cute- I want to squeeze her chubbiness! Why do we want to suffocate babies? I just want to squeeze her and kiss her all over. She is so CUTE! And so happy- laughing so much. So funny. LOVED the hair pics- hahah. I was expecting a huge pile of hair for some reason- haha, and then I saw the tiny pile and laughed- ha, makes all teh freak out not seem as a big of deal! her hair is cute- and she looks so OLD in a clip- it is such a different look- something about it makes her look SO OLD!!!!1 It's really cute too! Weightwatchers... ughhhhh not looking forward to that. no sweets- true strength. love you!

Danielle said...

hah- she is so stinking cute. I love how she just laughs and smiles all the time! So precious! And her hair is super cute! Good call on cutting it. Mullets are not cute, even on babies! Good for you for swearing off treats for a month! That will go right along with the healthy habits thing Rebecca wants to do! Another baby- I haven't even heard you talk about that! That makes me so happy though! Love you!!!!!!!!!!

Aliese the Writer said...

That baby is so fat and cute! She is so big, too! I love to hear her laugh. She is so funny and adorable and cute and gorgeous. She's just all of the above! Thanks for posting about her!

That is great that you are dropping sweets. Are you excited about the Healthy Life Habits we're starting as a family? I'm doing it, too. Not to loose weight or anything, but I need to drink more water and exercise more. This way I might! I love you! :)

Chris said...

I would never spank scarlet, but I would sure spanx her!

Rebecca said...

Holy cow she is so so soooooo cute I want to be there so bad. I just want to squeeze her hands and cheeks!!! Wow her hair is so long maybe her hair will be as long as Kate's hair.I'm so glad she is sleeping so much better I really wish I was there to see her so happy.I love you and I miss you all.FROM ANNA

HeidiT said...

The bob is adorable. In your past pictures I never really noticed the mullet look, because she's a baby right?! Every babies hair is all crazy like -- but that picture is totally mulletish, I bet it drove you crazy as a hairstylist! She is just too cute and getting big so fast.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Love, love love, the pics! LOVE, LOVE LOVE the videos! I especially love the hair cut! You are so funny! I have to admit, she does look more stylish! Your girls are going to be so lucky! I wish we lived closer! I feel like she's growing up and not knowing me. Thats so great that Greg's relatives came. That is so cool about her sleeping!!! Lucky you! Maybe since you said you were going to get bit in the hiney, maybe that will save you!!! I love it when babie play with their feet. We could learn from babies and enjoy the simple things! Whoa, 50 percent of your food for chocolate!!! Forget about the pounds its putting on, lets talk about your health!! Been there more than I want to admit! Thank you so much for posting all the pics and videos, it means a lot to us!!! love and miss you!

Justin + kelly said...

She is so cute and gotten so big! I love the new doo!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Her haircut looks great!! I know some people are so hesitant to cut baby's hair but I think I was trimming the sides and back of Ethan's hair within a couple months. When you are holding them all day, you notice stuff like that and it just drives you crazy! Even now, I cut Ethan's hair about 6 weeks ago and it has been bugging me for over a week! Anyway, you documented her first haircut so well and she looks way cute with clips in her hair. :)

Amy said...

I love the new picture of your fam in your blog title. You look gorgeous. Scarlet is so cute! Those cheeks are awesome. I love the haircut! Why not get rid of the baby mullet if you have the scissors and the know how? I did't know you were thinking about getting pregnant so soon. Very fun and very crazy! I just got my computer officailly fixed by professionals so hopefully I will be blogging up a storm! Good luck on your no sweets for a month!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love all of the pictures of that cute and chubby baby. So so cute!!! Thanks for posting Hugs and Kisses

fiona said...

Could she be any cuter? So sweet how much Uncle Steve loved holding her. Her new 'do is awesome. She's so lucky, she's always going to have wonderful hair cuts growing up!