Monday, May 9, 2011

9:30 and EXHAUSTED!!!!

What the heck? I even slept in with Scarlet 'till 9:30 am today. It was sooooo good. We're always up by 8 am these days and it was like desperately needed heaven, sleeping in. But here I am 12 hours later REALLY ready for bed. So strange. My life is so different than it used to be. Do you remember staying up late with friends and only sleeping 5 hours and then working? I remember thinking, "Oh man, I need to go to sleep, I'm gonna be tired tomorrow." But now if I don't sleep, it's not feeling TIRED, it's feeling like I've been crapped out- to be quite blunt. I can't physically, mentally HANDLE not getting sleep. I feel like I've been beaten up if I don't sleep.

Today went by so fast. I mean, I WAS busy all day and as much as I am happy with what I've accomplished, I feel like more should be done. Isn't that always how it is??? Babies are such time suckers and you don't even realize it's happening 'till the end of the day and you feel like you got nothing done, even though you were trying to all day.

Scarlet's actually been REALLY good lately. Like a week straight. I don't know what's going on, but I am so happy. She's been SLEEPING really good too. She hasn't had a bad night in atleast a week. She'll wake ONCE, usually around 5:30 or 6:00 and then sleep through 'till 8 am. It's great! And now I pretty much sleep through Greg getting up in the morning, so I'm just getting a lot more sleep these days.

So I've decided I'm going to tackle all my projects and stop thinking about it. I have all this stuff to finish my house decorating, but have yet to finish it off! I want to finish it! So I'm spray painting a bunch of frames purple and I need to order pictures to put in them. I'm really excited! Not every INCH of my house will be done. But the main living areas and bedrooms will be and that is exciting!!! Who knew decorating could ever take so much time and effort? It's expensive! And we're doing it cheap! I can't imagine how much it costs to REALLY decorate. In the words of my sister Amy- YOWSA. All the sudden I'm afraid she doesn't say that, but I know she does.

I'm so happy about my dinner group, this week. It's actually going to be the way it's supposed to be. The first week, one girl's meal was SO SPICY we had to throw it away. I forced 3 bites and couldn't do it anymore and had a tummy ache for hours after. Greg ate a little more, but also suffered a stomach ache. So that was annoying. Then someone brought over a dinner DAYS early, on the spot saying we had to freeze it. I was so annoyed. We didn't have room to freeze it, so we ate it the next day, which meant we were short a meal the NEXT week. The whole thing was just annoying! This week, 3 meals, all ready to go. I am excited. This is the best invention ever. Find 2 friends and do it. Alright, time to go to bed.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

hah Amy DOES say yowsa :) Just to calm your nerves! Ummm yeah I'm pretty sure most moms feel that way about the day slipping away...I feel that way and I don't have a child. On all my days off I think I'm going to get done more than I ever do. Oh well. Tis life. That sucks the dinner group wasn't good the first week. Hopefully once they see how great it is THIS week, it'll just be that way from now on! If only our diet wasn't so restricted...sounds wonderful. Miss you and love you so much! CAN'T WAIT for june! Yay!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

yeah I do say yowsa! ha. That really sucks about the spicy. hopefully this week is better. decorating is a never ending project! Well, it does end if you keep at it! But you have to keep at it if you don't want it to drag on forever. Purple- fun! I'm excited to see everything. by the way- do you do a pack and play for a crib? I can't remember. i'm considering finding someone to do the cook day with- but- i'm nervous I won't like their food. love You

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I don't want to do a cook day, at this time. I have tried it before, not that it worked, grandpa is just too picky. Oh well nuff said. He thinks I am the only one on the earth that can really cook. Yes Amy says yowsa! I can't believe that someone brought food that was really hot, too bad, I hope you don't get anymore. hugs and kisses

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That is so cool that you do that meal thing, I am glad it is finally getting the way it is supposed to be. Decorating...that is so hard but yet it's really not. I am a big procrastinator in that dept. Your table and chairs look so cool! love and miss you!!!