Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SEPARATION ANXIETY

My baby is screaming. She has been screaming . . . a long time. I KNOW she's ok. It's officially happening, letting her "cry it out". I know it's late in the game, but it's honestly just never even been an issue. We've never NEEDED to let her cry. She's always been so easy. I'm going crazy. The last few days/week she's been in her "I want mommy all the time" phase. That is also new. I know everything's fine. But I'm going crazy.

I'm pretty sure she threw her first fit today. She was so mad I wouldn't give her MY bread, even though she had a piece of her own in her hand- but NOOOOOO, she wanted mine. And she eventually started kicking her legs and just threw a little fit! I couldn't believe it. I was like, "Where is this coming from? What is this behavior?" I was just shocked.

All week, I've been feeling this coming. She's just been more needy. As much as I hate this, I think I'm handling it well (as in not bawling my eyes out) because I KNOW her. I know she's ok. If she was only a couple months old, I would not be feeling so confident that she's ok, because back then, I hardly knew anything at all.

All I can think is, "I guess my child isn't perfect anymore." I hope that doesn't sound horrible. But she's really been literally perfect until this week. Now she's becoming a normal baby. You all know what I mean.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

haha oh my gosh- picturing that whole bread scenario. That is so funny. I mean, I know it's kinda sad but seriously- I can just see it and she's so cute I'm sure she throws cute fits even. Sorry she's been tough lately. You'll get through it, you'll adapt. You are such a good mom. Seriously- you're doing great! Love you!!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahahaha that is hilarious. That is really funny about teh bread. I'm sure it was shocking to you as she really has been perfect. ha. WEll, I guess it's time to join the rest of the world now. It was wonderful while it lasted! She's still an angel though! love you!

Kristi M. said...

Maybe she isn't feeling well or getting a tooth in or something along those lines where she wants you more. Brecken has been doing that a lot the last 2 weeks. Sure enough he had a little cold and then I noticed last night another tooth had popped through on the bottom. Can't wait to read about the other stages she will be going through as she gets older. It gets more exciting and draining at the same time.

HeidiT said...

I'm thinking along the same lines as Kristi -- Cami was SUPER needy (she usually IS anyhow but it was getting extreme) this last week and then we found out about the ear infection.
But they do say that separation anxiety starts about 9 months, I'm sure you'll do great and she will get back in the groove of things :)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Hahahaha, I am still laughing!!! Yes she has finally become normal! According to Lizzie Kate was doing that up until this last year I think-the wanting your food thing. I could just picture the whole thing, her holding her bread but reaching out for yours and crying because she can't yell at you and say GIVE ME YOUR BREAD!!! It is just so funny! And the wanting mommy thing, oh boy that lasts a loooonnnnngggggg time!! Get used to it!! I love you!!!

Emily said...

I still think she's perfect!

Danielle said...

Miss your blogging- write or post pictures or somethin! Miss you love you!