This girl has been whining at me ALL DAY, but now I look at this picture and it makes me go, "Ahh . . ." She is so cute!
As much as admitting this is going to make us sound sooo eccentric . . . we got a massage table!!! Greg and I actually give each other massages fairly regularly and one of my friends was selling hers so we got it! It is soooo nice! Pretty much brand new, but we got it for half price! She also lent us an instructional video (she's a licensed therapist) and Greg gave me the best massage ever! It was seriously as good as all the professional ones I've had. I couldn't believe it!
Scarlet was really needing some work done.
When I was in CA, for Rebecca's wedding, I did my sister, Danielle's hair in exchange for some PILLOWS!!!! I've been wanting rose pillows for sooooo long. But really, when is THAT going to happen.
Not to mention how BLAH this couch was. I love the couch, but really- it needed some color. The pics do not give them justice at all. They look great.
I finally made some clippies. I've had the supplies for MONTHS, but have only just gotten down to actually MAKING them. I think they're CUTE!!!
We recently went to a lake with some friends and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I grew up going to lakes and loved every minute of it. Then I marry Greg and he thinks lakes are "gross, the water just sits there." He prefers rivers. So the last 6 years we have only gone to rivers. Rivers have these 3 horrible things in common. The current freaks me out, since I kind of stink at swimming. Rocks are SOOOOOO uncomfortable, not to mention slippery and make for an unstable walking surface. And rivers are always COLD. So that means, every outdoor water experience I've had since I've been married, I have hated and came to believe I hate the outdoors. WRONG.
Lakes are sooo much better. This is why. Lakes have GRASS. That is COMFORTABLE. You don't need shoes for grass and you can't trip, slip or stub your toe on grass. You can get on a floaty and not worry about a stupid current pushing you away. You can stand in a lake and again, not have to fight against some stupid water. You don't have to flex your muscles almost constantly. You can RELAX. Lakes have bathrooms and you can park your car RIGHT THERE. You don't have to awkwardly hike your way there. Lakes also always seem to have a beautiful view.
Greg had a good time too, despite the "sitting gross water". So, since it was the first time EVER that his wife had a smile on her face outside I'm thinking we're gonna make this happen again.
Greg went rock climbing with his friend, Steve. It was just a little hike away. Scarlet and I stayed behind and had such a lovely time. She was really into the sea gulls.
One of my friends recently watched Scarlet and Dora was on the tv and I guess Scarlet loved it. So we tried it at home. And now it's my little 10 minute daily escape. It's 20 minutes, but she doesn't last that long. So she starts out here.
But quickly gets here.
Onto the final destination.
Which brings me in to put up a little border. Where she quickly gets as close as she can.
She LOVES this show. She'll laugh and get so excited. It's so cute.
Pushing her way closer.
This girl can officially get anywhere. Her toys mean nothing now. She'll play with them maybe 20 minutes all week. She just wants to explore now.
Baby tan lines.
I am SOOOOOO glad it's summer, because I pretty much strip her down to her diaper once it's time to eat and then she basically stays that way all day long. How do people feed their children in the winter? I mean, it's not like she would get one little stain or even two. It would be multiple stains on her pants and completely cover her right arm every single time. Sometimes I have to go change before I can take her out because I just know I'm going to stain MYSELF. I suppose, if it was a problem, I could just avoid the berries.
I keep finding dead bugs everywhere. What is up with that? It's so disgusting. This area has major earwigs. I officially hate them worse than any other bug. For some reason they ESPECIALLY gross me out. I don't know. I can handle spiders, no problem, but these things just give me the creeps. And I keep finding them dead on the floor. I'm always worried Scarlet will just eat one, one day, because I haven't vacuumed.
Scarlet is TERRIFIED of the vacuum. I mean it traumatizes her. Whether it's on or off, she does not like that thing.
Scarlet loves the water if she can touch the floor. She loves the bath and shallow pools. If we bring her into a deep pool or lake, FORGET ABOUT IT. She IS getting better. The first time we held her in the pool she was CRYING. The second time it was nonstop whines and occasional crying. The last time she just clung to me. So, it is slowly getting better, but we're not there yet. Sometimes I feel like I'm just a mean Mom, torturing her, unnecessarily.
Greg has been rock climbing like crazy. Every week, without fail! I even went with him. I knew I wouldn't like it, but tried it anyway. I didn't even make it half way up. There was this guy next to us (we were outside) and he was just staring at me the entire time with this half smile. I'm sure he thought I was hilarious. I was being pretty dramatic. Exclaiming, "I don't understand! I hate this! I can't! No! Don't talk to me! Why! OH MY GOSH!"
I just watched all of UGLY BETTY. I didn't realize it wasn't airing anymore. The whole series is on Netflix instant play. It is the MOST hilarious show and it gets better with each season. I can't believe it got canceled. That boggles my mind. I'm glad it's over, because I was staying up WAY TOO LATE and wasting WAY TOO MUCH TIME.
Our lawn is dying and it makes me SO MAD!!! We turned off the sprinklers a couple weeks ago, because it rained, and turns out we forgot to turn them back on. Whoops. Not to mention we really needed to reseed all the patches and never got around to it. It's just looking so horribly shabby. We've gone too long without mowing, so now when we DO mow, we have these LONG STRAYS that won't cut and just continue to get longer. Oh YEAH and this mysterious DOG has been pooping on our long. I picked up 7 separate dumpings today. And it just so happens our next door neighbors got a dog the same week it all seemed to begin. COINCIDENCE?!!! But we have no proof and I don't want to get on bad terms with them but C'MON!!!!! This is why I don't HAVE animals! I am not willing to pick up an animal's feces. And what do you know, I still get to. Anyway, the whole lawn situation has just gotten me into this, "It's so huge I'm just going to ignore it and hope it goes away." I wouldn't even care, except we spent like $300 on sod last year to make it all pretty and I'm worried it's all going to be wasted within a year!!!!! I know I'm being dramatic, I know we can still revive it all and it won't be THAT much work. But the whole thing just makes me aggravated.
Sometimes I wonder if my diet is MEANT to have chocolate in it. Like I have a weird body that requires it. I can hear the laughter, but I'm serious. I've been going through these repeated waves of not eating chocolate. Which makes me happy, because it's healthier. But when I do, it seems I'm always starving. I can never eat enough and I'm cranky all day and/or have low blood sugar. I have been having the lowest appetite lately. I'll be hungry and have eaten half my burger and suddenly I'm sick of it and eventually disgusted with it and can't finish it. But I'm still hungry. But I can always manage to put down brownies or cookies. The whole thing is just ANNOYING. When I have sweets on hand, I literally eat them with every meal. That means three LARGE servings of brownies. So if you take that away, that's THAT MUCH MORE that I need to eat and just don't. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm so hungry, I eat the same amount of meals/food, but need to replace the amount of sweets I normally eat with something different. But then it just feels like I'm eating forever! I don't know. I know this is a strange and weird dilemma to experience, but it makes me think, "Just eat garbage because otherwise you can't keep your appetite up!" The whole thing is bothering me.
I've had way too much time to think lately. Like, Greg and I will probably try to get pregnant in the next 4 months and I just realize my life will be ever morphing. Like I've got the hang of Scarlet now, and then I'll have to figure out how to be pregnant with Scarlet. Then I have to figure out how to have a newborn with Scarlet. Then pregnant with 2 kids, then 3 kids. Then for a second I think, well eventually the baby making will stop. But then they turn into teenagers and drama and attitude and rebellion and dates. Oh man. And then when they grow up, it's not like the worrying stops then. They need to stay out of trouble and get their life together and it couldn't be more out of your control. And just 'cause they get married doesn't mean there's nothing to worry about. I know life won't be a constant stress, I've just been realizing it will be new challenges every season! I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I'm feeling more ready everyday to have another baby, but we're still gonna wait 'till she turns 1. It makes me glad though. I mean, I know it will still be crazy, but I wanted to feel ready, and I do.
I have been LOVING my Dance Central. It is so fun and a really good workout. And I just got a ZUMBA game. I haven't been able to get more than a few minutes into it (because Scarlet won't let me), but I think it will be great too. It will be good for a change. And it's way more appropriate for Scarlet. SCARLET LOVES DANCE CENTRAL. She freaks out and waves her arms and gets all excited everytime I play. She loves to watch and moves around to the music. This girl loooooooves music.
Scarlet finally dropped her late nap and only takes 2 now. She's 10 months old!
She still has no teeth. Oh yea, that horrible crying night. We've had a few since, but it hasn't been a SERIOUS problem. She just has her nights.
Still trying to decorate my house, now more than a year later. I'm finally a little over it, when I realize that picking out one simple lamp and deciding just how to place it can take 2 hours and that's such a small thing. So multiply that to every space in your house and that takes a long time. With each step I'm more glad, but it seems it all comes with frustration too. I wish decorating was simple. I find it's not where my strength lies.
Greg has the night shift. 7pm - 7am. He's had it a few weeks now. I'm finally adjusting. I'm not checking the locks 5 times a night and freaked that someone could be in the house. Now if I could just get myself to sleep at a decent hour. I've always struggled with going to bed when Greg isn't there. I just stay up. But it's not like he's coming home anytime soon.
Scarlet's first word is most definitely "Dada". Next is "bye bye" but more like "Ba ba". She also waves her hand. Her third is "whoof whoof". Who knows when Ma ma will get in there. She definitely knows what all these words mean. She won't always do them on command or correctly, but she definitely tries and definitely gets it right a lot of the time. Pretty cute. Pretty amazing. I can't believe how much they understand already! Pat is really good at getting her to talk. She talk her "whoof whoof". She's only done that one a couple times.
Scarlet loves to be read to. She loves the ones with animal sounds. I think our favorite it Brown Bear. It seems that one, and the animal sound ones, are the only ones she can finish without getting distracted. She stays focused the whole time. I always get her these animal ones, that just show a bunch of pics of bears or penguins and she just can't get into those. I think I'll stop trying. She loves the ones with baby faces.
Alright I'm tired. I'm going to bed.
10 comments:
Thank you so much for posting! I loved reading EVERY word. So great. First, I just can't get enough pictures of that cute babe. She is so darling. Love that dress. The massage table! So funny- but I'm not surprised at all coming from you two. It just fits. I think the pillows look great! I'm glad you like them. Cute cute hair clippies. I love buttons. So cute. You were making me laugh about the lake. haha. I agree though- rivers are so difficult. And I HATE pointy slippery rocks. Thats so funny about the Dora thing- and it's nice you have a few minutes to get somethign done if you need it. I think your right about the chocolate. At least the part where you need to just eat more. Just try having more variety on the table? Like lots of side dishes ya know? Well I loved the rest - dance central, I love that scarlet loves it. hah. She'll probably love dancing just like you! Love you!!! Thanks for posting- I LOVE it when you post.
I started laughing so hard when I was reading all the things you were exclaiming while rock climbing. I can totally imagine it and it is soooo funny! That first picture of Scarlet in the dress was so precious! She is so cute Megan! I love the Dora thing. I mean I can't stand Dora but it is soooo cute how Scarlet likes to watch it and makes her way to the tv. Dutch loves Dora too. And all of my kids get closer and closer to the tv every time we sit down and watch. It drives me crazy and I am always trying to get them to back up but they don't even realize that they are doing it. Aren't you the one that used to watch tv with your nose actually touching the screen??? I think you told me that once. I loved this post how it just kept going. love you!
Great post! So much to comment on! That's great you got the massage table! Fun! Oh my gosh all those pics of scarlet are so cute!!! So glad you found a lake to go to! We have one w2 minutes away, andI found out we're not allowed to swim in it! How wrong is that?! I also hate rivers and think they're very dangerous. Haha- the chocolate- did you know that aunt jennifer believes that her body needs chocolate? hahah you sound like her. love you!!!!!!!!
The cuteness of that baby is amazing! For real. I love the massage table, and the pics of Scarlet on it! A lake does sound pretty relaxing... I haven't been to one in forever, either! And look how mobile Scarlet is! I love the TV barricade you construct. You do what ya gotta do! Oh, your rose pillow are beautiful. They do add a nice pop of color.
Your posts are always so long and interesting. I can never manage to make mine long. Anyway, Scarlet is the cutest ever. I love that dress she is in and I just love that smile. That's so cool you got a massage table! And I think that's great that you give each other massages. Sounds nice. Oh, Dora. I love Dora. Gracie loved Dora for so long and I know so many babies and little kids that love it. That is so cute that she gradually gets closer to the TV. That's so funny. The lake sounds so fun. When I went to Girls Camp last year there was a lake and it was freezing at first, but I got used to it and loved it. Dance Central is so fun! My step brothers have it and I've tried it a couple times. It is so fun! And that is so funny that Scarlet loves it, too. Great post. I love you! :)
Oh, and I loved the flower pillows and how you did the round ones and the one square one. Great job Danielle! :)
Love, love, love the blog!! I love seeing her cute little face...and that dress!!! she is so cute in it! Life....yes we just get used to one stage and then the next begins. Lately I am thinking about my parents dieing. Hope you don't read this mom. But it's weird. So yes its always some new stage to think about. The lake, ahhhhhh, I miss the lake! Don't get me wrong, I love the ocean too, but lakes are also wonderful. I love to look at rivers, but play in them... no! I find decorating stressful unless I know exactly what I want. Even then sometimes it takes me courage to get it done. I have noticed with all my kids that they loved music! I don't know if it is a natural thing, or that we are an incredibly musical family. I love the TV pics, so funny. Love the pillows in your house. They look good there. I am so jealous that you get massages!!! Greg and Scarlet looked so funny. Now I might have to go out and watch Ugly Betty, I started watching it and then quit because they only had the one season on NetFlix. I am like you though I will keep watching them until they are done. I loved Drop Dead Diva, but they only had one or two seasons the last time I looked. Food... its still a mystery to me. Open your blinds and see if you can catch the dog in action! I hate people that let there dogs out to poop in the front yard, they will always go to the neighbors!!! That is what the back yard is for!!!!!!! Lakes are not stagnant! They often have a river dumping into it, water evaporates, rain and snow water fill them up. Greg is nuts. Keep the reading up. love you and miss you!!!
Lakes are not gross!!!! They turn over every 24 to 48 hours, and they all run from rivers or lakes and clear lake on the Mckenzie is where the river starts and is the most beautiful lake ever and the river runs from it. Tell that to
Greg. Lots of lakes are man made dams from rivers and they are the ones that turn over. I love lakes. I love Scarlet in that dress and she is the cutest baby ever. Love the tv scene, she is soooo precious. I just can't see enough of her. Love the massage table what a wonderful thing to have and so great to get or give one. I love you and miss you so much hugs
I love how you "traded" with Danielle for something you each wanted. Totally sounds like my sisters and I. I am a lake person too for the same reasons. Rivers freak me out. thankfully both of my boys LOVE the water shallow or deep. I wanted to ask what do you use under your highchair. We also have carpet which I hate and one day will be tile. I am so afraid to give Brecken something messy to eat on his own because of the mess on the carpet. I had to laugh at the tan lines because Brecken is so tan and has the same little pale creases! I love it and we are all shocked to see how dark he gets. I can so relate to the bugs. In our living room, I am always finding dead bugs near the windows. What is killing them? Not a lack of oxygen. I just don't get it. You should just pile the dog poop in the corner of your neighbors lawn. that is so gross. We have been finding cat poop in ours and we don't own a stinkin' cat. Funny about the teeth because Heidi is experiencing the same thing. Camden doesn't have a single tooth and Brecken just got his 5th. Weird how babies grow and do things at different paces.
Scarlet is so adorable - still can't get over all of that hair. I tried to put a clipie in Cami's the other day, she looked like a dork. What is it with the bugs this year?! I have dead earwigs all over my house too, Ren even finally sprayed for them and it's helped some but now they just die a little closer to the doors and stuff instead of the middle of the floor, so gross. I was busting up laughing at the pics of Scarlet on the table, she looked all chill and relaxed like "Oh my I had such a hard day and this massage is just what I needed."
Post a Comment