Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Some Pics

Lying around the house
 I think she looks so sporty in this swimsuit. All her swimwear are hand me downs from friends in our old ward.
 This was the day of my baby shower- 34 weeks along.
  And yes I cut my hair, it is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Scarlet eats most of her meals on the couch now, while watching Dora. Our couch is now disgusting. Really, truly gross.
 Scarlet loves to eat everything in bowls and is always requesting "bowl" without the "l" at the end. She is now starting to request pink bowls and blue bowls. Blue is definitely her favorite color. Whenever she sees things that are blue she points and yells, "blue!"

This was a little unsettling. I opened up the pressure cooker to start some rice and WHOOPS. Looks like I forgot to wash it last time. Covered in mold. Disgusting. That was sitting in my kitchen all sealed away for days, if not a full week. Ick.

Poor little Scarlet just lies around the house. This lyme thing puts her energy way low. She does this all around the house. Lie on the couch, lie on the floor, lie on me. Half way, all the way. Not all day, but throughout the day.

Ah yes, the joy of beans. Very exciting activity at our house. Greg had the genius idea of putting a sheet down the next time. A LOT easier to clean up!



 There's this great little farm a couple miles away. We went last saturday. It was hot, but not unbearably hot. I did really well. I was about to give up after an hour, then we ran into some friends from church and talked awhile, then continued on for another hour and a half! I was really proud of myself. I'm trying to suck up my pregnancy discomfort, these days, to put in some good 'ol family time. I mean, that's just lame to always say no and do nothing. I'm trying to try harder.




Mary Had a Little Lamb is DEFINITELY one of Scarlet's favorite songs. She always sang it when she saw the sheep.

 Scarlet was OBSESSED with the pigs. She ALWAYS wanted to go back to them, and never wanted to leave. The pigs are disgusting. It really just grosses me out. Covered in dirt, really fat and huge and FLIES EVERYWHERE. Oh it grossed me out.
 Picking mulberries and eating them. YUM!!! They are a LOT like blackberries. Delicious!


 When I see Scarlet I wonder if I was once brave and dared to touch animals. I've gotten a lot braver watching her.


 She LOVED petting the bunny. Probably her favorite part of the day. It was great. We kept walking up right when they were taking an animal out so we got to pet it, instead of just stare through a cage.


 Her nightly wear. I gotta say, I think she's the cutest thing in her swimsuit and life jacket. It gets me every time. It's been so great, going swimming after dinner. It DOES get pretty chaotic at the pool- kids everywhere and constant noise and splashing. She LOVES the hot tub. She started calling it "bubble bath" but now she knows and requests "hot tub" all the time. She gets better and better in the pool each time we go. I'm hoping we can get her to dunk underwater by the end of the summer. That's my goal and I'm pretty confident we'll reach it within the month.

I'm so behind in blogging. Greg went to Africa and has a ton of pics from his trip. I also never blogged about my sister, Danielle, coming to visit. And my baby shower. Soon to come!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

She is SO CUTE! I just love her! Thanks for posting so much. It's so nice. I love her in her life jacket! It's so cute! She is such a doll. I can't wait to see what your boy looks like! Love you!!!!

Danielle said...

OH YEAH- your hair looks fabulous! I LOVE it! Seriously looks great.

Danielle said...

haha- okay last comment. I just went looking at the pictures again and I forgot to tell you- I did that once with my pressure cooker! I guess I put the lid back on it after turning it off and totally forgot or something because I totally did that. One day I opened it and MOLD! ECK! So disgusting!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

sooooooo cute! scarlet is just the cutest thing ever. you look cute! love your hair too! you look great! can't wait to hear about the baby shower. I hope you got some good stuff. thanks for blogging os much and posting so many pics. love you

Amy said...

I love all of the pictures! I love your hair short!! My couch is disgusting too. The more kids I have the more I feel like everything I own is covered in a layer of disgusting. But kids are so cute and food makes them so happy so it's worth it. Scarlet is so dang beautiful!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that was so fun! Scarlet is so cute and I love your hair. I love that she sang Mary had a little lamb! I love that she for some reason she loved the pigs. She might just love animals. I don't remember if you were that brave. love you

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Little Scarlet is a doll. I love the pic of her in her life jacket, so cute. I'm so sorry to hear about Scarlet having Lyme. I'm so happy you stood your ground about getting her tested and continuing to do all you could until you found out for sure. I'm sure it's NO fun to deal with, especially with baby #2 on the way. I will keep you guys in my prayers. So excited to read your Africa, baby shower, and Danielle visiting posts. Have a great week!

Shannon said...

Oh man! What an animal lover she is. I was afraid of rams and geese. I still kind of am.
I love your hair. My mom and I are making Scarlet an apron for her birthday so don't buy one please (unless you think she needs 2).

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I really enjoyed all of the pictures, and love the hair. You and Scarlet are so cute. I am sorry you all have to deal with the lyme. Hugs