He's smiling now! He's been doing it a little bit everyday!
Our first trip outside in a long time. Scarlet had a really bad week and out of nowhere one morning she asked to go outside. I was really blown away! So I got us ready in a hurry before she changed her mind and out we went. It was cool enough to wear pants and long sleeves- so refreshing.
We basically spent the whole 30 minutes going up and down stairs.
She thought it was pretty fun.
This boy keeps getting older. He's liking the swing more and more, that's nice and I keep waiting for him to get into this thing, but I think it's still too early.
As I said before, Scarlet had a really bad week. It was just like the bad old days. When Scarlet doesn't feel well she likes to just cover herself up and curl in a ball or lay on something.
She loves to hang all over the rocker even when she's feeling well. It's the worst when I'm trying to rock Brighton. Even when I'm not there, she's gotten her hand and foot jammed in there and stuck more than once.
This was yesterday. I was so proud that I got a shower AND did my hair, put on contacts AND mascara. Pretty impressive, huh? And what do you know, it happened again today. Miracles.
I seriously want to cut my hair. I hate how long it takes to blow dry it now. I mean honestly, it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes, but I want it more like 5 minutes, or maybe even 2. I know, I know. I'm a bit demanding. I just don't have time to do it! I can't believe my life has come to this. Where my looks are literally last priority. I suppose they're not LAST, otherwise I wouldn't do my hair at all. So the question is- how short? I was thinking just REALLY short, choppy, but not a pixie. Then I started thinking . . . pixie? It's been about 4 years, I think. But I don't really want to go short until I'm skinny again. I don't know. What do you think? I don't think I can wait. I'm just not diggin' my hair and if it only took 5 minutes to do, that would be so much easier, and make me so much less hot when I do it. Men have the easy life when it comes to appearances.
Making juice together.
I emailed Scarlet's doctor and she said that she's probably just having a delayed herx reaction and that they come in cycles and this one is just stronger. And the very next day she was a LOT better and has been since. I'm glad it was temporary, but it makes me sad to know it's just the way it is. And it makes me worried about other bad weeks that will come and I wonder- will they continually get worse? How bad will it be when we increase her antibiotics? It all worries me, but there's no way around it. It just is what it is. It makes me sad though. And it's hard for me to stay patient with her. It seems the worse she's doing, the worse I am towards her. I mean it makes sense, she's a wreck and crying and screaming and I can't figure out how to please her, and after a whole day/week of this behavior I sort of start to lose it and before I know it I'm yelling at her left and right. And then it passes and I feel like a crap Mom because I'm basically yelling at her for feeling horrible. I just don't realize it at the time.
I find that the first half of my day is very trying. Where I think I can't hang on anymore. And then the kids go down for a nap and a couple hours later, everything seems to come together. I need to keep remembering this so I don't despair every morning. It always seems to work out.
By the way, I have to confess- after my inspirational "I'm going to have a great attitude" post, I totally lost it that night and the night after. I felt like such a hypocrite. I knew I'd have my days, but I thought I could at least make it 24 hours. The nights are my greatest weakness.
8 comments:
CUTE pictures! The kids are so darling. Seriously, so precious.
I'm sure it was a herx reaction...it's interesting because we always expected them to happen immediately when we started new pills...but it's so not the case. Clay will just have random days where like his symptoms are out of control bad but then it goes away the next day or after a few days. Just like you said it goes through cycles and its like all of a sudden there's a huge die off...which is comforting. She's not going through all that for nothing- she's getting rid of crap as crazy as it sounds. So in those times if there's a way to help her detox, do that. Like- having her drink juices is a good idea.
I'm so sorry about it all though! It truly stinks. And I totally understand- I mean not really cause I don't have two kids...but I guess I just mean...whenever Clay is at his worst, I am SO inpatient. I feel awful later...cause I realize he just feels awful. It's hard. All you can do is just try to do better next time. That's what I always tell myself.
Oh and by the way- I do those things all the time. Write something on the blog about how great things are or how great things will be...and then the next few days come down in a mess and I feel so dumb. I think it happens to everyone :)
Love you SO much! Hang in there!
PS- Yesterday I was talking to my friend about my trip to DC and I just loved remembering it all! I seriously will remember that trip forever. I just loved it. Thank you again so much. I wish I could go back and visit again! Who knows, maybe I will before you guys leave :)
My comments are getting longer everytime I swear.
OH YEAH- you look fantastic! And I have always thought you look so great with short hair. So I say go for it! What does Greg think?!
Brighton is looking so big already, less and less like an itty bitty newborn! I'm sorry Scarlet hasn't been feeling well :(
Funny you said that about your hair, right before I read that I was admiring it in the pictures. I love the length now I think it frames your face so beautifully. But you would look great with any style!! I too have been recently getting annoyed with how long it takes to do mine and thinking about how easy guys have it.
First of all you're an amazing mom!!! I mean it!!!!! I think you are way too hard on yourself and that you're much more patient than you think. I think your hair is amazing but I understand I hate it when it takes more than five minutes or less for My hair. All the pictures are so cute your little guys growing up so fast. Scarlet look so cute in her outfit. I'm so sorry Scarlet's been having a hard time. Love and miss you .
OK- so you and Danielle I think feel the need to be perfect or something, cause both of you really get down on yourselves for what you don't accomplish or get done in a day. You are a GREAT mom! I was actually thinking about that the other day, how you've rasied scarlet so well, like- she's so disciplined, nobody disciplines their kids. And you play with her- like you take her out to play if she feel slike, you're a REALLY good mom. I"m so sorry about the herxes. I couldn't imagine maddie being in pain like that. Brighton is so cute, he is such a mini greg it just cracks me up. I do the same thing- where I make some grand statment or goal, and then THAT DAY or the next it's already broken- ha. So I try not to announce them anymore, but then- I feel so much more inspired to do them if I announce them. But then I break them and feel bad- haha. We all do it. you look SO beautiful in all your pics, even the ones where you're just normal with no makeup or anything, you are just such a beautiful person naturally, you don't need any makeup. You're just beautiful how you are. And you are so skinny naturally, you have a thin frame- skinny face. I feel like my face is chubby. i love you. miss you.
I just read a ton of your posts and don't know what to say first! First of all, Brighton is adorable. I'm so excited. And I loved loved loved the videos you posted of Scarlet opening our presents. It was just the sweetest thing and how she was so gentle with it all and her face expression. And I loved it when you had her say all of our names. Thank you. :) I'm so sorry that Scarlet wasn't feeling well. I'm sure she'll get better. I love you!
dI think you are an amazing mom and have a lot of patience. I love the post and I truly think the kids are so cute and I think little Brighton looks like Greg. So sweet and wonderful. You look great and if you want your hair shorter, then cut it, it grows you know and if you need the time now then CUT it. There is a lot to be said for convience and speed doing the hair dryer, I personally don't like blow drying my hair. So sad that little Scarlet has to be sick with this horrible lyme's . I wish I could wave a wand and make it go away. Love you so much PS you always look so great with short hair and bangs. Hugs
Post a Comment