Monday, August 13, 2012

The Last Few Weeks

So I had no idea I hadn't posted any pics the last 3 weeks! Whoops! I guess you'll all forgive me as I've been quite preoccupied.

Scarlet and one of her "popsicles" (left over frozen smoothie)

Only three days old . . .



Four days old . . .


 Five Days Old . . . 



First day outside . . .

Scarlet has asked for "Gamma Anol" several times since she's left.

 Scarlet's latest thrill at the park is playing with sawdust. She likes to "make food" with it. She has been BIG into pretending lately. It's been super fun.

Hiding behind the tree.







 Breakin' out the Moby. I love this thing. 




First bath.



Yesterday Greg and Scarlet made a "cave". Oh man was Scarlet into it. Greg hid "treasures" and Scarlet went hunting with the flash light.


Scarlet really likes to hang on things.

This was today.

Things are going really well. They're going really fast. I can't believe he was born over 3 weeks ago. It's going too fast. He's already growing so much. Scarlet was still in the losing weight phase at this point so it's weird to me that he's getting chubbier literally everyday. I want it to slow down!!! I feel like I'm already missing it! I was witness to every MOMENT with Scarlet and it's so hard to do that with Brighton. I mean it's just impossible. We seem to get a couple times a day where we "hang out" and talk but most of the day is nursing, trying to sleep and taking care of the house and Scarlet. There's not oodles of time to stare at him in wonder like I did with Scarlet. I don't want to miss these moments!!!

Nursing is going great. Makes me happy. That was another thing that never happened with Scarlet. I had thrush the whole time so I never nursed where I wasn't in pain. Nursing and no pain is a pretty cool thing. The last 3 days he has been nursing round the clock. Never going more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours between feeds. CRAZY!!!! Today it finally slowed back down to a nice 3 hour stretch. THANK GOODNESS. I think he was just going through a growth spurt. 

I've been really surprised at how smooth things have gone. It makes me happy. It definitely is different with two kids though! Not as much time and it's definitely harder to make quality time with both. I suppose the last few days haven't been an accurate representation. His constant nursing made me more unavailable and the first half of today we spent at a lab. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully I'll get some play time with Scarlet. That's the only thing I feel like I'm missing. Play time with Scarlet. And a shower I suppose.

Scarlet has been doing awesome. She loves Brighton. She never gets upset when I tell her I can't do something until I'm done nursing Brighton. She always says, "Ok" and then runs off. She did get a LITTLE impatient today for the very first time. But it was pretty minor. She always runs over to kiss and rub Brighton's head when I'm nursing. She is just so sweet. It's been great.

I'm going to go on about Scarlet right now. I think she's amazing. She had to get some labs done today, so as we're waiting in the waiting room there is a little girl SCREAMING bloody murder in the background for seriously 20 minutes. It was insane. Thank goodness it didn't seem to bother Scarlet. The screaming was outrageous. It reminded me of my labor- no joke. I was tense the last 24 hours about the whole thing ANYWAY. So after 40 minutes of waiting we go in and I sit her on my lap and she's getting nervous and I tell her what the lady is going to do and that it will hurt for a bit, but if she holds still it will hurt less and be quicker. And she said, "Ok." And she was completely still. She never fought me once, never jerked or pulled away. They had to take 3 separate samples so it took a good long minute or two and by the end we were both crying. It was pretty horrible. She was just crying, "All done! All done!" And I just kept telling her how brave she was and that I loved her. It broke my heart. But she held so still. Amazing. Amazing girl.

Brighton's definitely ben more demanding, but still a very good baby. I'm rocking him now and typing one hand. I really hope he sleeps tonight or I'm gonna be grumpy!!! I'll try to post videos tomorrow.

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Brighton totally looks like a jentzsch! And he totally looks like scarlet! their lips are the same. the story of scarlet and the samples are so sad! i'm so sorry for all of you! what a brave brave girl! poor thing. you look so good in that pic! so beauitful! my goodness! i love you! and thankyou for postin gpics! love all them!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

and he is so cute! I forgot to say that cause I thought it was a given, but just incase you didn't know that!- he's so cute!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh- that story with Scarlet just breaks my heart. She is so amazing. Such an angel.

Okay- Brighton is SOOOOOOOO CUTE! I just want to come visit again and kiss his cheekies!

I'm just so dang glad everything is going well for you. I'm sure it's just so hard. But it sounds like you are handling it so well.

I love you SO MUCH! You are such a good mom.

Danielle said...

OH YEAH- you are seriously so pretty in those pics. Just such a natural beauty.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are such a great mom and I think Scarlet is such a brave little girl. Maybe that is why she is so intelligent and able to communicate so well. She is really young to do so well and I think Heavenly Father has blessed her beyond her years. Love you all so much

HeidiT said...

Scarlet and Brighton are adorable together!! You can definitely tell they are siblings. I can't believe how well she did with the blood draw -- that's AMAZING. Cami won't even let the doctor weigh her or look in her ears.