We woke up to snow today! Scarlet was BEGGING to go out and play before we even had breakfast on the table and it was a constant struggle until we finally went out, in the afternoon. I suppose that's pretty long of us to make them wait. But I had a sitter for the morning and then it was B's nap and I just didn't feel like rushing off so fast.
B wasn't wild about it all. He was REALLY anxious about getting out and kept saying, "Nuh!" and pointing out the window. That's how he says snow. I was so excited he was excited, but out there, it was hard for him to walk in so much bulk and he just wasn't too happy. Scarlet was the same way when she was his age, so I wasn't too surprised.
Greg and Scarlet tried to make a snowman, but the snow was so dry it didn't really work. It would pack down, but it would be all caked together weird and wouldn't mold or stack well.
Man, I look really tired in this picture. Sad thing is, I actually got close to 8 hours of sleep last night! First time in a LONG TIME, so I was feeling quite energized today!
We bought all this really nice snow gear and as winter was getting closer I was worried we all spent it all for nothing. But we put it all on and I've never been warmer or happier in the snow. It was no big deal at all! It was so much fun! Within a minute I just dived in the grass to make a snow angel and it was so much fun!
Then Scarlet did. She was smiling the whole time and so cute!
Scarlet had a blast and played the whole time. She especially loved eating the snow.
As of today, I'm finally feeling better. It has been a week. It's been too long. I think something new is going on with B. He keeps grabbing at his jaw and wincing. He's also been a little whiney. Or major whiney, should I say. Teething? He took a good dive off the couch 30 minutes ago too. I'm reading on the couch and he's at the other side of it playing and I look up and only see his feet, straight up and they fall straight down, followed by a loud THUD. Oh man. I was kinda freaking out, but he seems ok. His worst hit yet and he's had MANY. He's very careful on the stairs but is so reckless on the couch!
I've been famished all day. I think I'm making up for all the food I didn't eat because I was so sick and tired this week. Poor Greg seems to be getting worse instead of better. He hasn't been to work all week. He thinks he's going in tomorrow, but I think he's crazy.
It was pretty funny, he went into work and before he could sit down at his desk, everyone around him was like, "STOP!!! Don't move! What are your symptoms?" And they immediately told him to go home, because they didn't want to catch anything. I thought it was pretty funny.
Even though we've both been feeling like crap, I don't know how I would've survived without him, the last few days. I barely survived WITH him! I can't believe how much better I'm feeling today. I feel so much happier. I have literally been feeling so DEPRESSED. I don't do well with sickness. I feel terrible for all people who are sick all the time! I don't know how they go on. I don't think I could handle it. It seems all week I was constantly thinking about how I've never been so tired in all my life. Being a mother is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I feel like I will never sleep again and started thinking we probably won't have as many kids as we thought we would. I was just feeling down all around. And suddenly today, it's like the sun is shining again, and yes- things DO get hard, but suddenly my life isn't so daunting, like it felt all week.
I'm trying to figure out if Scarlet is having sleep terrors. I'm pretty confused about it. I'm trying to read up on it, because I'm pretty ignorant of if all, but I'm having trouble finding the time. I suppose it would be easier to just google it, but I've been trying to get my info from Mr. Ferber, since he's the expert 'n all. If she is, if she isn't, I really don't like Scarlet's episodes at night. They freak me out and I worry about her and what I can or more CANNOT do for her, during her sleep. I'm still figuring it out.
I finished Into the Minds of Babes and I really loved it. It's all about tv and kids. I really enjoyed it and think I gained a lot from it. It's funny, I read it to purposefully get tv out of our house. To give me the final push to "just say no" to the tv. It completely did the opposite. Not so much like, "What the tv, it's so good for you!" but more like, "it's ok. it's definitely not frying your brain" and it just gave a lot of info about how kids learn, how they react to certain kind of tv and just a lot of different angles of kids and tv watching. It was very interesting and it gave me a lot of relief, given that Scarlet basically watched tv solid for a year. I mean, I wasn't TOO worried, because she is smart and social and a healthy balanced kid, but all the same. It's nice to hear someone second that.
Lately I have been thinking motherhood is just so dang hard and I keep thinking, "Let's just pop out a third and be done and move on!" I LOVE my little children. I think they are amazing and literally angels sent from heaven into our home. I feel like the luckiest mother- EVER. But I also feel like I will NEVER EVER sleep again. And I say that in completely sincerity. I feel like I will ALWAYS have a baby attached to my body. In my arms, on my boobs, in my uterus. I will just never be free from a little body clinging to me for SOME reason. I will always be a haggard MESS! I am literally always COVERED in mess! I'm constantly CLEANING UP mess! I'm constantly having to do things for everyone! All the time! I guess I've just been feeling a little worn out???? Majorly worn out? It's not that I'm ready to move on from my KIDS, but more this PHASE of kids. I don't want it to be done today, or tomorrow or this year, but when I think of it dragging on and on as more kids come along I think . . . um . . . maybe we don't want to have 4 after all. But then today, I was feeling so much better and thinking, "Oh who knows. Maybe we will." And then B is SCREAMING in his crib and I'm so tired and the LAST thing I want to do is climb two flights of stairs AGAIN, and I think, "Maybe that number three is the right number after all." BLEH. Who knows WHAT the future holds. I just know I'm tired.
It was pretty funny, he went into work and before he could sit down at his desk, everyone around him was like, "STOP!!! Don't move! What are your symptoms?" And they immediately told him to go home, because they didn't want to catch anything. I thought it was pretty funny.
Even though we've both been feeling like crap, I don't know how I would've survived without him, the last few days. I barely survived WITH him! I can't believe how much better I'm feeling today. I feel so much happier. I have literally been feeling so DEPRESSED. I don't do well with sickness. I feel terrible for all people who are sick all the time! I don't know how they go on. I don't think I could handle it. It seems all week I was constantly thinking about how I've never been so tired in all my life. Being a mother is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I feel like I will never sleep again and started thinking we probably won't have as many kids as we thought we would. I was just feeling down all around. And suddenly today, it's like the sun is shining again, and yes- things DO get hard, but suddenly my life isn't so daunting, like it felt all week.
I'm trying to figure out if Scarlet is having sleep terrors. I'm pretty confused about it. I'm trying to read up on it, because I'm pretty ignorant of if all, but I'm having trouble finding the time. I suppose it would be easier to just google it, but I've been trying to get my info from Mr. Ferber, since he's the expert 'n all. If she is, if she isn't, I really don't like Scarlet's episodes at night. They freak me out and I worry about her and what I can or more CANNOT do for her, during her sleep. I'm still figuring it out.
I finished Into the Minds of Babes and I really loved it. It's all about tv and kids. I really enjoyed it and think I gained a lot from it. It's funny, I read it to purposefully get tv out of our house. To give me the final push to "just say no" to the tv. It completely did the opposite. Not so much like, "What the tv, it's so good for you!" but more like, "it's ok. it's definitely not frying your brain" and it just gave a lot of info about how kids learn, how they react to certain kind of tv and just a lot of different angles of kids and tv watching. It was very interesting and it gave me a lot of relief, given that Scarlet basically watched tv solid for a year. I mean, I wasn't TOO worried, because she is smart and social and a healthy balanced kid, but all the same. It's nice to hear someone second that.
Lately I have been thinking motherhood is just so dang hard and I keep thinking, "Let's just pop out a third and be done and move on!" I LOVE my little children. I think they are amazing and literally angels sent from heaven into our home. I feel like the luckiest mother- EVER. But I also feel like I will NEVER EVER sleep again. And I say that in completely sincerity. I feel like I will ALWAYS have a baby attached to my body. In my arms, on my boobs, in my uterus. I will just never be free from a little body clinging to me for SOME reason. I will always be a haggard MESS! I am literally always COVERED in mess! I'm constantly CLEANING UP mess! I'm constantly having to do things for everyone! All the time! I guess I've just been feeling a little worn out???? Majorly worn out? It's not that I'm ready to move on from my KIDS, but more this PHASE of kids. I don't want it to be done today, or tomorrow or this year, but when I think of it dragging on and on as more kids come along I think . . . um . . . maybe we don't want to have 4 after all. But then today, I was feeling so much better and thinking, "Oh who knows. Maybe we will." And then B is SCREAMING in his crib and I'm so tired and the LAST thing I want to do is climb two flights of stairs AGAIN, and I think, "Maybe that number three is the right number after all." BLEH. Who knows WHAT the future holds. I just know I'm tired.
3 comments:
Haha oh Megan. I'm sorry it's been so hard! I think you are definitely just stressed from the sickness among other things. It's clearly getting better and will just keep getting better once all of you are better. You are such an amazing mother!
The snow pictures are so cute! I thought Brighton looked like a little munchkin, so short and round! Scarlet is so beautiful.
Okay, if you love your snow gear, please share with me what you got. Clay and I both decided we need new snow gear because both of ours are SO OLD and really need updating. Please email me what you got. We are willing to spend good money cause of where we live.
I just am so sad for Scarlet and her night episodes! I hopes there's something that can be helped for that :(
I love you and miss you!!!
Those pics are so cute!!! I think all kids after a certain age just love snow! It's like the sand, they can't get enough. About the night terrors, I'm petty sure it's an age thing. They are finally old enough to know they can get lost, get hurt and etc. so they start having scary dreams about things they worry about. It will get better. I remember. Lizzie sleeping on the floor by our bed because I just couldn't get any sleep if she slept in our bed. She was so scared. I would love to lie to you, but the only wonderful nights of sleep you will get are when you are done with babies and when they haven't stated dating. Then just when you think you are going to get some great sleep, (kids are gone from home) menopause comes roaring in!!! Yay-NOT! But at least you do get some alone time without worrying about sitters. But I have to say, the easiest time was when I weaned Danielle and Rebecca was still under dating age. Love you so much!
Megan, I have been going to send you this recipe for pie crust forever. It is easy and rolls out well. Don't know if you have or can get crisco. I usually use it and part butter for the fat. 3 cups flour 1&1/2 cups crisco or one of Crisco and 1/2 cup butter. or vise versa 1/2 cup cold water 1 tspl vinegar 1 egg 1tsp salt. Beat the egg into the water, add salt and vinegar, work the fat into the flour until it resembles crumbs, using a pastery blender or your fingers then dump the liquid into kthe flour mixture, and mix well until it form a ball. this will make 4 single crusts or two double ones. This has always worked for me. Sorry I haven't been on the blog lately, too many doctor appts. and two much else going on. I have been thinking of you. I really miss you guys. I love all of the cute pics of the kids and you are so beautiful. Hugs and kisses
Post a Comment