The kids built a significantly tall tower of blocks- ALL BY THEMSELVES. Together! I can't believe it! B always just knocks everything down as soon as his eyeballs meet it, but there it was. Greg witnessed it and grabbed the camera. I was in the kitchen.
I mean seriously! It's taller than them. I'm impressed!
Brighton and Scarlet now share a room. We've kept the "big boy bed" that used to be Scarlet's old bed in Scarlet's room since we moved. We just kept it in the corner until he was ready. Then one night he just jumped on and stayed laid down, as if he wanted to sleep there tonight. I didn't think much of it, but Greg kept saying, "I think he wants to sleep there tonight." So on a whim we decided to give it a try.
It was quite a jump: new location, new roommate, new lighting, and NO WHITE NOISE. That's a lot of adjustment. But we thought- what the heck. It didn't work. We tried a few nights then Greg thought we should put Scarlet in our room so he gets used to sleeping in her room and THEN add Scarlet back into the equation. I thought it would be a bust but it totally worked! 4 nights later we put Scarlet back in her room and COMPLETE SUCCESS!!!!
The first night was so unexpected I literally was on the verge of crying, thinking, "My baby is grown! I'm not ready for this!" Really, it got me so emotional, all night long. The second night I was so ready and I just LOVE that they're in the same room together now. It's so fun and sweet and they LOVE IT. Scarlet feels safer with him in there. She hasn't come to our room ONCE since he's been in there. Awesome.
I just think he's the cutest thing in his bed. He gets so excited to sleep in it. He always sleeps with his Mickey Mouse too.
They're growing up so fast.
3 comments:
Your children are so stinking cute. That pic of you and Brighton is PRECIOUS!
You will have another baby soon enough :) It's time for him to grow up to make room for the new one! :)
Love you!!
What a sweet post! That tower is really awesome and I love the cute blocks. It's great they like sharing a room. I never grew up sharing a room, but I know all the boys did growing up. Great pictures! I love the one of you and Brighton; he's so smitten!
Such cute pics!!! I love that they were able to make that tower so tall!!! Babies growing up, hard stuff. I love that they love to be together. They remind me so much of Rebecca and Jake. love you!! was good to visit the other night!
Post a Comment