Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'M BOREDDDDDDD!!!!!! I wish I was in the same time zone as my sisters. That would make everything SO MUCH easier!!!

I've entered the complaining zone. The majority of what spews out of my mouth is a complaint. I think it has something to do with being 7 months pregnant.

I cannot wait to go to a normal OB in 2 weeks, until I'm have this baby. I am sooooooooo grateful for the care we get at the embassy. It is SO MUCH BETTER than anything else around here- but they're not OBs. So the care isn't QUITE the same, when it comes to being pregnant. Like they don't offer you a pee cup when you walk in the door. In OB offices, they know they need a sample and they know pregnant women always need to pee and to make them wait is just mean (and lets be honest- risky :). I always have to ask to do it at the beginning of the appointment. The last 2 appointments the numbers have been SLIGHTLY off with my pee. The first one ended up being nothing, and today is probably nothing too. But the woman who always tells me, isn't direct and will literally say, "Your numbers were high, but we'll talk about it later." Say what? If it isn't a big deal- SAY THAT OUT LOUD! And if it IS a big deal, don't bother telling me until you're ready to talk about it!!! C'mon! Don't you know not to panic a pregnant woman? People who's career is working with pregnant women- they know this!

And BECAUSE the last 2 appointments they've wondered if something was wrong/off- I'm asked the STUPIDEST questions- do you pee a lot? are you tired? are you swollen? Um . . . yes. I'M 7 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!!!! What else do you expect?!! So annoying. Thankfully, another physician came in and asked, "Does everything seem NORMAL?" That's a way better question- because of COURSE all those other things are happening and they keep progressing- AS TO BE EXPECTED. BLAH! Anyway. I'm just excited to go to a normal OB office, where everything is in pinks and purples and flowery and sensitive. Everyone talks in a gentle voice and just knows how to make a pregnant woman comfortable. Well, USUALLY this happens.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

haha oh man! That sounds awful. Are you tired, do you pee a lot, are you swollen? HELLO? Like you said thats like um...pregnancy 101. You should've said, yes to all questions and incase you forgot, yes I AM pregnant with a human being inside of me pressing on my bladder, taking my energy, and constricting my circulation.

I never realized it but you are right. My doctors office is always very soft toned, very nice, and they are ALWAYS like so laid back. I never though about how they are just smart around pregnant women. I have always appreciated their laid-backness, cause it makes me feel like everything is fine.

It will be nice for you to be in the states for a while. I'm excited for you. I wish I could come visit! Love you!

HeidiT said...

I think your amazing for even getting through having a pregnancy there, I would have a nervous breakdown without modern medical care. I think it's great you get to come back here to have the baby!
Oh, and you would know if the peeing and swelling were excessive. They are signs of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia - so definitely important questions but you would feel if it wasn't "normal" like the one doc finally suggested.